Eric wrote:
This just started yesterday.  Every time I start Seamonkey it requests
that I input the user name and password for access to the newsgroups.

I haven't done anything to Seamonkey recently.

Any ideas?

Same thing happened here on two separate computers accessing the same newsgroup server (Giganews). Note that I access the newsgroups from BOTH machines at least once each day. My main desktop computer was first and it's been so long that I've had to enter the userid and password that I'd forgotten it (and it had mysteriously vanished from the saved passwords on that computer). Fortunately I was able to look this information up on my laptop.

Then, about a month later, the laptop started asking for the same userid and password. Thanks to the desktop failure previously I had this information on hand and written down.

I've been using Giganews for over two years (since Verizon caved into the NYSAG's office and decided that since ANY news group could hide child pornography they'll eliminate access to damn near ALL of them) and this is the FIRST time this has happened.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34