Neil Hughes wrote:
Hello,

When SM 2.0 first came out I tried migrating from 1.1.8 but hit a
problem. The same thing is still occurring with 2.0.2 and I'm looking
for suggestions.

When I first run 2.0.2 it gives me the option to import from 1.1.18,
which I select, and the dialog appears listing the various items being
imported. This takes about 4 minutes. I click on OK and get the
following message about 10 seconds later, titled "Crash Reporter":

We're Sorry
The application had problem and crashed.
Unfortunately the crash reporter is unable to submit a report for this
crash.
Details: The application didn't leave an application data file.

Not much help, I admit, but any ideas? The application closes and
subsequent restarts just show the same message.

This is on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8.

Hm. I had no problems at all in upgrading on my iMac and MacBook Pro, both running Snow Leopard.

In my cases, the migration did take a long time, could you perhaps be clicking OK before the migration is finished?

When you reopen SeaMonkey, does the migration start again? If so, can you cancel out of it and create a clean profile?

Lee