Neil Hughes wrote:
On 11/2/10 17:32, Leonidas Jones wrote:

Depending on the complexity of your Mail/News setup, this can be a
pretty easy task or a time consuming one. Still, once its done, its
done, and you will be ready to move forward.

It's about 2.5GB of mail, divided amongst about 200 folders. Fortunately
I hadn't imported the other 4GBs-worth of email from my older email
clients into 1.1.18 yet!

Please feel free to post back here should you need any help with the
manual migration of your data.

Don't worry, I've done this too many times already since 1999:

Outlook Express 5 -> Netscape 4.6 -> Apple Mail -> PowerMail ->
Thunderbird -> Sylpheed -> SeaMonkey

and various partial exports/imports to/from other applications (Exchange
5/Outlook for Mac and Nisus Email come to mind). I thought the SM 1.1.18
-> 2.x upgrade was going to be a breeze in comparison. Will I ever learn
:-(

Just promise me SM 3.0 won't be released the day after I finish
migrating...

Ah!

So this mail data has gone through multile export/imports through a variety of very different email applications. This could point to why the data didn't migrate via the wizard.

I went, over the years, from NC 4.6 to OE, to Mozilla Suite. Since then I've been on one Mozilla/Netscape application or other. Also, particularly early on, I would periodically rebuild the profile just to keep it cleaned up.

Looked at in that sense, the manual migration is probably a good thing. It will give you a cleaner, better profile for the future.

Lee