Cecil Bankston wrote:
Margo Guda wrote:

Cecil Bankston wrote:
Margo Guda wrote:

Trel Smith wrote:
On 2/3/2010 12:40 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/2/2010 8:27 PM, Trel Smith wrote:
I'm used to Multizilla in Seamonkey, and Tab mix plus in Firefox,
but I can't find anythign like either of them for Seamonkey 2.0
Is there any suitable extension to give me control over tabs that
works in Seamonkey 2.0 or am I going to be stuck using firefox?

What capabilities do you need? I believe there were some improvements
in tab processing in SeaMonkey 2.0.

Anything would be nice?
There's really nothing other than 1.x had (other than an undo close)
I can't even do basic things like put a close button on tabs. Hell,
I'm sure there's some way to port Tab Mix Plus, even that
would be acceptable. (though multizilla would always be nice)

Can I put 2 cents in?
Apart from the close button on each tab (I really liked that one) I'd
like the possibility to get focus on mouse hover. That's the feature
from multizilla that I miss most, and can't find a substitute for. And
some things like a list of open tabs, or a multiline tab bar.
Another Multizilla feature I miss is the option to duplicate a tab. The
Prefbar Clone button does this, but it should be a simple enough feature
to include in SeaMonkey without requiring an addon.

There is one. It is called Duplicate Tab. It says it's not compatible
with SM2,02, but if you turn off compatibility checking for addons
(there is an article on mozillazine describing how to do that,
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_extensions ) it will install just
fine, and so far, it's working great for me. Good luck!

As I said, the Prefbar addon, which works well with SM 2.0.2, does have
the Clone button, which will duplicate a tab. My point was that the tab
duplication should be a native feature of SM tabs.

Hm. The Prefbar is a must have extension for me. With the Clone button added, this becomes very easy. Since the new Prefbar permits dragging its buttons to other locations, it seems a perfect option to me.

Lee