Ray_Net wrote:
> It's not very clear explanation, so i will be more specific:
> Did you mean that in Windows VISTA SM1 is composed of:
> C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Application Data\
> C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Local Settings\Application Data\
> and in Windows VISTA SM2 is composed of:
> C:\Users\RAY\AppData\Roaming\
> C:\Users\RAY\AppData\Local\

No. Where did I say that?

In any Windows OS there are are two places an application might put your data.

In XP they are

C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Application Data\
C:\Documents and Settings\RAY\Local Settings\Application Data\

In Vista and Windows 7 they are

C:\Users\RAY\AppData\Roaming\
C:\Users\RAY\AppData\Local\

In each pair let us call the first one "Roaming" and the second "Local". Roaming
means that if you are connected to a corporate domain (which I am sure you are
not), the data is synchronized to the domain server, and will be available on
any machine that you use to log into the domain. Local means that the data is
only on your machine. A possible strategy is for an application to always use
the Roaming directory, except for features that require a large amount of data
(which would be prohibitively expensive to synchronize).

I am not 100% sure of the strategies that SM1 and SM2 use. They certainly use
the Roaming directory, and at least SM2 uses the Local directory (but I am not
quite sure for what).

--
David Wilkinson