Ever since 2.x, the sidebar search entry field turns spaces into % symbols
after a search is performed.

For instance, I have Google as the default, and when I type in "some thing with spaces" and hit return, the
entry line becomes "some%thing%with%spaces"  (that was a direct copy/paste) while the actual Google website
page search field contains "some thing with spaces" UNTIL I click the sidebar search button again, then the
web page field is populated with "some%thing%with%spaces"

Any idea why?

Character encoding is the default western (ISO-8859-1).

Running SM 2.0.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

d.a.scott