Mark Hansen wrote:
On 3/4/2010 3:56 PM, Frog wrote:
I have taken two additional steps since my last message. I made the 2.0.3 version my default browser. That did not fix the problem. I then created a new profile (that included my Inbox)--the letters in the "Go" drop down window remained gray. I am now out of new ideas...short of removing 2.0.3 and continue using 1.1.18.

Are there any other recommendations or thoughts?

Frog

Do you  use the three-pane layout for the Mail & Newsgroups application?
If not, can you try it? (in SM 1.1.X it was at View -> Layout -> Classic
View).

With this view, do you have anything listed in the left-hand pane? This
is where Accounts and News Servers are listed.

Are you able to click on the tree entry representing your e-mail
account? Does it show the set of operational links in the display
window (with links like Read messages, Compose a new message, etc.)?

Can you expand that tree node entry and see a list of your mail
boxes (Inbox, Drafts, Sent, etc.)? Can you click on these and
view their contents?

Can you expand the tree node entry for a news server and see the
groups to which you are subscribed? Can you click on one of these
groups and see the messages in the right-hand side?

I think, after a very quick look, that you may be getting close to solving my problem. I did, from the Mail page, go to View>Layout>Classic View as you suggested. I, however, do not have any capability to access a left-hand pane? The little bar along the side of the window is not there. I will work on the remainder of your suggestions in your messages later this evening. You got me excited--maybe my not having a side pane is connected to the problem of my having a grayed out drop down window under "Go".

More to come.

Frog