Philip Chee wrote:
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 16:37:18 +0100, Ray_Net wrote:

Prefable, so you can choose to NEVER have this happen and instead dl
manually from website. But *MOST* people prefer this.

Where did you find that "*MOST* people prefer this." ?
You have asked and collected the answers from all ?

The people in the SeaMonkey forums on Mozillazine have been uniformly
appreciative of the autoupdate feature.

Don't take this as criticism, because I'm happy as long as I have the option to use auto update or not, but neither the people on mozillazine nor those here are an unbiased sample of the actual users. As I have found out in the past, the people involved with the software enough to follow discussion are a minority, and the subset of those who actually contribute even a comment are a minority or a minority.

That means you are not taking a vote or survey, you are evaluating the arguments for one thing or another (a good thing), and that none of us has a real picture of what the "I use what they give me" user really wants. Most users only speak up when they are unhappy, so forums are frequently biased.

I believe most people like auto upgrade vs. manual, I'm less convinced that most people want the application to change under them once they get it. I get that from some stats on Windows users being more afraid that an update MSFT pushes will break their computer than something done by evil doers.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>