Benoit Renard wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
To summarize the two options:
* Use one that KaiRo already submitted, which is/was partially
implemented and a few vocally opposed.
* DO NOT CHANGE A THING ABOUT HOW IT WAS IN SM 1.1

Choice 2 is woefully not going to happen, sorry. especially as there was
no explanation on why the old UI is/was better than anything else.

There was no explanation on why the old UI was bad, either. KaiRo
decided to change it because of his own opinion only, and now for some
unexplained reason it looks like nobody except me has the balls to put
the old UI back, which was fine.

There have been plenty of explanations as to why the old UI was better,
but most developers don't seem to read support groups, especially
mozillaZine.

-clearly accessible text buttons for all actions which meant that every
action was only a click away
-full URL to remote file available
-clear, organized grid-like design

_Doesn't your explanation above give credence to my belief that_:

Most developers of software go about software composition, in two different ways.

1)For pay (commercial):
They develop according what the company Officers, BOD, and Investors want.

2) For open source (such as Mozilla):
They develop to impress themselves and other developers.

And in neither scenario, does the end user figure very little into the equation.

(They can't think like end users, in either position - now if I were a user what features do I want the most. Users are beneath them kings and surfs)

Note I said *most*, not *all*.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com