Robert Kaiser wrote:
Benoit Renard wrote:
I find the subject to be inappropriate, considering that it's about the
last release of a branch instead of solely the decision to stop support.
A better subject would have been: "SeaMonkey 1.1.19 released, end of
line for 1.x".

No, 1.1.19 is the most insignificant part of the announcement, even though it's the reason why we're timing it to be right now.

That's irrelevant. As another user demonstrated, the subject line makes one think that support has been dropped, and that's it. Users who choose to stay with 1.1.x will not know that they can get 1.1.19 to be as secure as possible while staying with 1.1.x, unless they read to the very bottom of what is a long message.

I wouldn't dare to make the release of a version the major point of an announcement if it's known to have security vulnerabilities right from the first second it's released (like websites being able to request and get your first saved password).

It wouldn't be /the/ major point, it would be /a/ major point.