chicagofan wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
I had this problem with SM1, and expected a solution in SM2.
NO !!!
Sometimes when sending mail, the popup windows entitled "Sending
Messages -<mail-subject>" with
Progress: [showing a never ending moving little green bar]
is visible.
The mail is well sent.
The copy of the mail in the "Sent" box is done.
This pop-up did on end ...
- What could we do with this "bug" ?

I believe that it happens when the SMTP server accepts the mail but
doesn't
return a final status indicating it's done. It usually will complete
if you
leave it for a bit, I'm moderately convinced that it's a server problem.

I don't see it on most of my mail, where the mail server is my own,
and doesn't
hang. I see it on remote mail (and news) servers, and when it finally
completes
there's a bump in network usage about the right size for a completion
message
and socket teardown.

I have let it run for ten minutes and went on with other messages receiving and sending replies. Its a bug. I've been using the same ISP which has the same SMTP Server , update equipment and software over the
years.

Same here... it's been happening on my regular server/ISP since version
1.1.14, through the latest release SM 2.0.4.
bj

Therefore, it's a SM bug ... and no hope for a solution ..... :-(
Nohope, because, it needs "votes" and interesting developers ...
Not the same for New Features ... more fancy, more chances to be
implemented rapidly.

Oh, I don't know. If Phillip would post his "bugzilla report no." here,
we might get more support for a fix, and attract the attention of
someone who could fix it.  Anyway, it couldn't hurt.   :)

I have to say though, that's pretty random for me, and I'd prefer to know why my browser switches to my e-mail window, when some commercial popups come up at various sites. ;) Obviously, they weren't blocked, yet SM sometimes says they are, and other times not. [The same ad, same
site.]
bj

The problem is that this doesn't kill SeaMonkey. It just stay on the
screen with the progress bar still running and say copy is complete. And I have let it run for ten minutes on it own just to see if it would die own it own. I just switched away and let run. It didn't affect reading
and posting to other messages. No is no crash report for it to send.
I've been posting my about crash items as soon as I get a crash, for the last several times. I would send error reports from the web development
console but it doesn't give a method to make a copy.

I know... I'm sorry I brought up *another* topic in this thread. I have
exactly the same problem you have with "copy complete" popups.

About the bugzilla report, I meant, if you would give the number that
was assigned to your report of this problem, other people could find it,
and log their comments in over there... on the bugzilla site.
bj

Look for Bug number 544783 feel free to make comments to refine details I am not exactly a Rocket scientist so My wording may be different than
it should be.

Your wording is just fine, and you have provided ample information at
bugzilla on the "copy complete" hangup. So I just confirmed that I have the same problem, and hopefully others will to. If enough people report
it, someone may look into it later on.   :)

Thanks for providing the number to look up!  Surprisingly, I had a hard
time finding the bugzilla site this morning, since everything looked
different from the last time I was there.    :)
bj

I added a Comment noting the theme I was using. and theme I used in SM1
which were different than yours its not theme related.

I didn't think so either, but they need/want as much information as
possible when looking at problems.   :)
bj
Absolutely.

Or do you really want to keep sending 117 lines to say one word?

Paul B. Gallagher