Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
BeeNeR wrote:
My thoughts are that SM developers should unbundle the 'Composer'
feature. Make it an add-on for those that want it.

My recollection is that the installation of Composer can be refused
during SeaMonkey setup, but you have to choose 'custom'
installation. Naturally, the Average Joe won't do that.

That may be true for nix or even PC, but not Mac. Mac uses dmg
(pronounced dim-edge and stands *Disk image*) files. its all or
nothing. beside with out composer it cripples some of SeaMonkey's
abilities.

Ah so. Then my only remaining suggestion would be to "get Linux/Unix!"
and Be In Charge!   ;-)

No thanks Mac Os is just fine. besides its not the OS that the problem it the installer package the use doesn't allow for such if the used a Package (pkg) download and when installer open have a way to customize. Instead you drag the application out of the dmg and drop it on application and everything installs. Even so I would still install all the components except maybe the IRC client.

I'm not comfortable using the terminal application to run UNIX commands I'd hate to have do that all the time I don't wish to go back to the Config.sys files and autoexec.bat and bak files. I had to deal with that back when I was working with school system and her a kid could easily go in if left to their on devices and run the Init command and wipe out 6 months worth of files or more, so next time a teacher aimed to use it for their information the would be greeted with a blank screen then I would have to go and reinstall everything and have to try to recreate everything.

Nope none of that. AS I understand it your still capable whether by accident or on purpose to wipe out your main drive while your using it or damage your drive so bad, you'll have to go buy another if you type an errant key combination
mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com