BeeNeR wrote:
On or about 4/6/2010 12:39 PM, Walter hatte gesagt:

Daniel wrote:
Walter wrote:
I click on a pdf file and adobe reader loads it ok. directly behind it
is a blank page. shouldn't it be the page from which I came? with the
link to the pdf page?
Walter.

Walter, it can be done either of two ways, one loading Adobe Reader as a
separate program and the other using Adobe Reader as a helper program to
load the page with-in SM.

Walter, have a look back through the posts here, and look for a thread
called "Constant crash on PDF links" about 5-6 days ago. Could have an
answer for you.

HTH

Daniel

Daniel,

I did look at the posts in "constant crash on PDF links" but did not
find the problem mentioned there. As I explained in my original post,
when I invoke the adobe reader then load the file I get NO blank page.
It is only when I click on the pdf file and SM calls adobe reader, then
the blank page is behind the pdf display.

By the way, this has showed up after I downloaded and installed SM 2.0.3.

walte.

Same here.  In the 1.x.x versions you had a choice "Open in Browser" or "Open
in (program)".  It seems as though the choice went away in 2.x.x.

When opening in (program) a blank page was displayed,  when opening in the
browser it appeared in the tab.

Strangely, I have discovered that if I go back to the page from which I came, (where I clicked on the pdf link) it will display that page as long as I have not xed the pdf page. After I x the pdf page, then the page from which I came (link to the pdf) is now blank.

In checking the plugins, I find that adobe reader is the default reader of pdf files.

W.