Ray_Net <tbrraymond.schmit...@tbrscarlet.be>  wrote :

> Daniel wrote:
>> Jane Galt wrote:

>> <snip>
>>
>>> Why do I have to throw out the baby with the bathwater and go to
>>> something
>>> else, JUST because of a programming problem where they wont let me use
my
>>> own emailer?
>>>

>> Because, Jane, the SeaMonkey developers want you to use their program,
>> which they think is the best!!
>>

> This is exactly the same position of microsoft.
> If the previous version of SM permit to *not* us the SM-mail part - I
> see no real reason tu cut away this possibility. Except that the
> developers lives in their gold-tower ... neglecting the people using
> their product.

Ultimately it's their software, and if they want to alienate some people
from using it, their choice.

--
Jane Galt

Property Rights

The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is
their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are
possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who
has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life.
The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.

Bear in mind that the right to property is a right to action, like all the
others: it is not the right to an object, but to the action and the
consequences of producing or earning that object. It is not a guarantee
that a man will earn any property, but only a guarantee that he will own it
if he earns it. It is the right to gain, to keep, to use and to dispose of
material values.

- Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness “Man’s Rights,” The Virtue of
Selfishness, 94.