Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:40:46 +0200, /Ray_Net/:

This is exactly the same position of microsoft.
If the previous version of SM permit to *not* us the SM-mail part - I
see no real reason tu cut away this possibility. Except that the
developers lives in their gold-tower ... neglecting the people using
their product.

It is our product (to the people using it). The SeaMonkey developers
devote it to us and they devote their time and will to make so, and we
(the users) get a free product at the end. I hope you realize the
SeaMonkey developers are very few and their resources are pretty limited.

The exact case of not being able to not install the mail component in
the new SeaMonkey version is caused by changes to the installer not
introduced by the SeaMonkey developers but by the newer Mozilla base, as
far as I'm aware. It has been explained number of times in this group -
you may search as I don't have references at hand. The issue is known
and the SeaMonkey developers also want it corrected, but it is just not
that easy. Statements like: "developers lives in their gold-tower ...
neglecting the people using their product" sound pretty ridiculous to me.

Sorry about my reaction on the SM developpers ..This must be directed to who develop Mozilla base ...