Beorc Kano wrote:
On May 3, 8:35 am, WLS<rafte...@verizonremove.net>  wrote:
Beorc Kano wrote:
I've been trying and trying to get a newsgroup reader, so as to have
access to various other functions (blocking messages by certain obnoxious
(or insane) users being one of those functions) that Google Groups
doesn't seem to provide. I found and downloaded both Thunderbird and
Seamonkey... and I can't figure out how to set up the newsreader to pick
up the newsgroup. I've looked through the help files and FAQ's, and...
nuthin'.

The error message I keep getting when I click the 'Manage my
subscriptions' link is thus;

"Failed to connect to server alt.religion.wicca."

I know it can be done, as others tap into the newsgroup with other
newsreaders. I'm just technotarded enough that I can't figure it out. Any
help would be hot.

Thanks guys!

Well, since alt.religion.wicca is a newgroup and not a server. That is why
you get that error.

First you have to set up your newsgroup account to connect to a server,
then subscribe to the alt.religion.wicca newsgroup.

HTH- Hide quoted text -

Thanks... I knew I was doing something wrong. How do I figure out which
server to connect to? as i said, i have never done this before, so it is a
bit of a learning experience for me.

Who is your internet service provider?  If they don't provide a free newsgroup
service, there are a few you can try, or you can pay for a service you may like
better.

Here's a link [below] to one of the free news services you could try.  They tell
you how to set up your newsreader to access their news server.

http://www.eternal-september.org/

bj