On 5/5/2010 6:24 AM, Beorc kano wrote:
> On 5/5/2010 8:14 AM, Mark Hansen wrote:
>> On 5/4/2010 7:31 PM, chicagofan wrote:
>>> That might not be a bad idea.  I've read of lots of people with profile
>>> problems, and I think many them had to reinstall SM.  I haven't had that
>>> problem, so I can't offer any useful advice.
>>>
>>> Hopefully, someone else will chime in with some suggestions.
>>> bj
>>
>> FYI: Uninstalling/reinstalling SeaMonkey doesn't clean out any problems
>> which may be in the profile.
> But if the profile were misconfigured in the program itself due to an
> error or somesuch during installation, would not uninstalling it
> completely and starting from scratch have a possibility of correcting
> the configuration error?

If the specific program were designed to do so, then yes. It would be
up to each program designer to decide what to do in such cases.

As for SeaMonkey, I don't believe it will. However, I'm not one of
its designers so factor that in to how you value my answer.

If you feel the problem you're having is due to a corruption in the
profile, the best way to diagnose that is to create a new profile.
You can do this without re-installing the software. If the new
profile doesn't exhibit the unwanted behavior, then your original
profile may be corrupted (or otherwise have a problem).

Best Regards,