John Doue wrote:
On 5/18/2010 3:44 PM, Daniel wrote:
John Doue wrote:
On 5/17/2010 3:37 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
JOLAN1 wrote:
Aloha!

<Snip>

IMHO, the master password should not be requested before it is *really*
needed, but SM2 understanding of "when it is needed" baffles me: just
launched the browser in SM2 should not meet that criteria, until you
want to get into a site that requires a password.

Am I oversimplifying things?

I have SM set-up to open in the Mail & Newsgroup page....and the first
thing it then goes and does is get my mail, which requires my mail
account password.....which would require my entering my master password,
if I used one.

So I'm guessing all those who open into just the Mail & Newsgroup screen
or into the Browser Screen AND the Mail & Newsgroup screens would have
the same situation.

Not sure about a "Browser Only" set-up!

Daniel
It does make sense to be asked for the master password if you launch the Mail UI first. Not my case.

Personally, I only launch the Browser interface and open only later the Mail UI when I need it.

"Ask for Master on first requirement only" got broken somehow back in the 1.1.x series (sometime between 1.1.16 and 1.1.17, I think...I'm not sure exactly when). I launch SM with Browser only, and I have SM Mail set up not to look for new messages unless I do it manually - that's the way I've been set up for a few years, and it used to work like the dialog said...but now...

I don't get the request for my Master on startup or on opening SM Mail, but I do get it at seemingly random times. Both with 1.1.19 and 2.0.4...most frustrating is when I'm in the middle of a download - SM just freezes and I can't enter anything...I have to Force Quit SM and relaunch.

--
     - Rufus