I have recently purchased a new computer that runs under Windows 7, my previous one ran XP. I am having quite a few compatibility problems, primarily with Canon problems, who blithely tell me that they do not support Windows 7 on their products that I have, so goodbye Canon!

However, to the point, I am also having problems with SeaMonkey which are intermittent and varying. The browser is fine but email and News Eternal give problems. I have a number of email addresses, to test the system, I sent emails from one to another. Periodically some of these are shunted into my junk folder, very unpredictable, so I am worried that I may lose some genuine emails this way.

Now, News Mozilla works fine, however News Eternal September is a pain in the derriere. Some time it works fine then others it asks me for Server Username and or Password, It may ask for this a number of times then fail, or work.

I Installed SeaMonkey new and copied the profile using Mozbackup. I have repeated this a number of times to no avail, even making fresh copies from my original computer. Any suggestions please? I don't want to erase SeaMonkey completely and start afresh as I have lots of passwords, which I would lose