Lee wrote:
On 5/28/10, Melissa<bullwin...@frostbitefalls.net>  wrote:
Stéphane Grégoire wrote:
Hi,

Melissa a tapoté, le 27/05/2010 20:19:
I need to transfer my password file from my old to new computer.
The new comp is Win7, Seamonkey 2.0.4.

I've created a new file by saving a password, but I can't find where the
file is stored for 2.0.4 on Win7.

thanks!

The files may be signons3.sqlite and key3.db

<http://www.geckozone.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13343>

Merci beaucoup, but je ne parle pas Francais.

Anyone know where there is an explanation in English?

babelfish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/) is pretty good at translating
web pages:

Important files of the profile
(or which files to copy of a profile to another to recover its
parameters/given/etc)

     * Firefox 3
           o mark-pages and history of navigation: places.sqlite
           o cookies: cookies.sqlite
           o permissions for the passwords, the cookies, the popones,
the images and the installation of the complementary modules:
permissions.sqlite
           o the history of the zones of forms: formhistory.sqlite
           o the history of remote loading: downloads.sqlite
           o the passwords (Firefox 3.0.x): signons3.txt and key3.db
           o the passwords (Firefox 3.5.x): signons3.sqlite and key3.db
           o certificates: cert8.db and key3.db
           o Possibly the personal dictionary: persdict.dat
           o In the event of personalization of Firefox, files:
user.js, userChrome.css, userContent.css

Regards,
lee
hi Lee, and thanks.

I should have been more specific.

I'm doing this transfer from Seamonkey 1.x.
I've been doing this for years - back to NS. You probably no longer recognize my name, but I was once a frequent poster here.

Anyhow, I successfully transferred bookmarks and mail and address books, but I can't see how to get text from the .s file into an sqlite document [and a .db file?]
What am I missing?  I don't speak sql.

As I said, my old comp is still running.

I've thought of the option of installing SM 2.0.4 on it and importing and converting that way to sql automatically with the update.
Would that work?

How do I import a second time for my husband's profile after it does the initial import on install for my profile?