Beverly Howard wrote:

> I'm getting an error at http://myharmony.com which produces an error in
> seamonkey referencing;

There is extra markup between the DOCTYPE and the <html>.
(The favicon link)

> The same page loads without error in ie6 but I would really like to
> remain in seamonkey if at all possible.
>
> In researching this, the page at
> http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/att_html_xmlns.asp offers a code snippet
> example using the exact same line at
> http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_html_xmlns

That's not a suitable reference for your problem.

> ...and that code works in seamonkey

Yes, maybe, for some value of "works."  w3schools is not a worthy
reference - and if you weren't aware, is not connected with the W3C at
all.

> Can anyone see something in the source of http://myharmony.com that
> causes seamonkey to choke on this code.  I have a unique opportunity to
> pass this on to logitech and possibly get the page seamonkey compatible.

Tell them to fix all the errors, then try again. Also, they would be
better served using HTML 4.01 Strict rather than any flavor of XHTML.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmyharmony.com%2F>
Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result:   18 Errors, 3 warning(s)

--
   -bts