Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
For Mr Merrill's problem, it may help to know which news server he is
trying to access. Sounds like it is some non-standard affair.

It is  news.grc.com, thank you.

Aha, grc. I had an account with them years ago, but lost interest in
what they offer. I do remember their configuration was different than
regular news servers.

Googling, I found this page. Settings should be the same, no matter what
client you use:
http://www.grc.com/configOE.htm

Anything there help?

That's fine for outlook, but in SeaMonkey, where would the
"long and "impossible-to-guess" passphrase " actually go?

Does it go into both the Account name and Password fields
of the SMTP server?!