Rick Merrill wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Rick Merrill wrote:
>>>
>>> It is  news.grc.com, thank you.
>>
>> Aha, grc. I had an account with them years ago, but lost interest in
>> what they offer. I do remember their configuration was different
>> than regular news servers.
>>
>> Googling, I found this page. Settings should be the same, no matter
>> what client you use: http://www.grc.com/configOE.htm
>>
>> Anything there help?
>
> That's fine for outlook, but in SeaMonkey, where would the "long and
> "impossible-to-guess" passphrase " actually go?

Enter into the account name field (as shown on the OE page). Enter the
same into the password field when you first connect (and the 'enter
password' dialog comes up). Check the box for remembering the password,
then click OK.

> Does it go into both the Account name and Password fields of the SMTP
> server?!

SMTP has nothing to do with News. It is strictly email, so don't mess
with your SMTP settings, lest you mess up email.   :-/

--
   -bts