David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/28/10 11:25 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:

I went to Image Control - Photobucket said allow images.

The cleared all cookies with PrefBar Button - THEN Photobucket loaded !

WHAT was THAT all about !
How can some obscure Cookie block a site from loading !?
How would it (Them?) have gotten there ?

Lesson learned ! This has gone on for MONTHS and I didn't know it was COOKIES.
Damn !

Thanks gentlemen !
Why would you have cookies that survive for months?

Set SM to purge all cookies on shutdown ("accept cookies for current session only"), and you'll start every session fresh.

I went through some work to make Bugzilla at buzilla.mozilla.org display
the result of a query exactly the way I want it.  That display is
controlled by cookies.  There are other instances where my preferred
setup of a Web tool is captured as cookies.  There is no way that I
would want to purge all my cookies at the end of a session.

Instead, I used the Cookie Manager to edit my saved cookies, deleting
the ones I don't need.  Then I copied cookies.sqlite to a new file named
cookies.sqlite-backup.  Finally, I created a script that I run before I
launch SeaMonkey.  The script deletes cookies.sqlite and then makes a
new copy of cookies.sqlite-backup named cookies.sqlite.  This eliminates
all unwanted persistent cookies while keeping all the wanted ones.  In
the case of Bugzilla, it also restores those persistent cookies that
might get altered if I make a temporary change to the display of a query.

See bugs #275381, #275713, and #275716.

That is what my BAT file does.
Dumps the cookies that are there and replaces them with a set of backup cookies.
If I want to change the cookies, I do whatever on the web, then save the
current cookies
to the backup file.
That way all my desired cookies are there and any crap is gone.

I must have gotten a 'bad cookie' in the backup file w/o knowing it.

DoctorBill

--
Gun control is like trying to eliminate drunk driving
by not allowing sober people to own cars.