Here are some Images;

http://egroupware.steinmetznet.com/Seamonkey/Seamonkey-Screen_Images.pdf

http://egroupware.steinmetznet.com/Seamonkey/Seamonkey_Printing0001.pdf

These are printouts of the email below.
After I used Print Preview, everything printed fine.

I'll remove these in a couple of days.

Beverly Howard wrote:
The PCL factor tends to point directly to the printer drivers...

PCL code should exist only in the printer output stream and is only put
into the printer output by the printer driver itself, not the app doing
the printing.

Not sure about all of the printers you list, but think several of them
are fairly old, and at least one, the 2100, the latest direct drivers
are from 2004, so, I would consider them suspect. You might consider
trying the "universal Print Driver" for PCL6 from the page at

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=14914&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25469&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228

If there is PCL code in the output sent by the app to the _printer
driver_ there is a mistake somewhere along the line. I can't conceive of
any app itself generating PCL in the printer output unless that app is
running custom code designed to send to and in order to manually control
a pcl printer.

In the case that an app needs to do this, the output should not go
through a printer driver, but be sent raw directly to the printer,
normally sent directly to the port that the printer is connected to.

A related issue (apparently not yours) recently, tcpip "network
printers" connected directly to a network connection have become more
common and, since the only way to get to a network printer is via a
printer driver, this may create similar problems.

In the case of mozilla, I would expect that the only time this might
happen would be if a pcl _printer output file_ is opened by mozilla that
already contains PCL code and then "printed" rather than downloaded and
redirected to the printer.

Looking forward to a url to see this in action.

Beverly Howard