W3BNR wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
NoOp:

When I attemp to enter _only_:

race...@someisp.com

SM automatically fills in the entry with
'Bill Somename'<race...@someisp.com>

Same here when i input one of my own E-Mail addresses.

There seems to be no way to just enter the email address
race...@someisp.com by itself.

Depends. ;)

Anyone else seeing the same&  any suggestions for fixing the issue?

I do not wish to use an old SM with my profile and am too lazy to create
a new one to explore, if there is a difference to my SM2.1.

In SM2.1 i can prevent filling in the name by unchecking the lowermost
checked box in the screenshot.

http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/ad100708.png (12 KB)

Hartmut
That's not unusual That is the way it has always been for Me and
SeaMonkey if you start a name or type a short cut you'll see name inside
<>  the the email address. In fact I believe Communicator did the same.

Add race...@somisp.com into your address book without entering any other
information in the window.  When you type racem.... SM will respond with
both the 'race...@somisp.com' and 'BillSomname<race...@comisp.com>'.
Select the one you want and send the message.

If this: http://screencast.com/t/ZGZjMjcy is what your referring to, its been that way since communicator Days.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com