Sun, 11 Jul 2010 02:04:40 -0700 (PDT), /NeilF/:

Unlike other Mozilla browsers, Ctrl_click and 'open in new tab' force
a jump to that new tab.  In other browsers, new tabs are opened in the
background.

IMHO, the latter is much more convenient.  I often research a topic in
a search engine, and select a number of topics to open.  With
Seamonkey, you jump back and forth from the new tab to the search
engine tab as you do this.  With Firefox, for example, you simply
click on all the links of interest then open them at your leisure.
Much simpler and better.

Edit -> Preferences: Browser / Tabbed Browsing:

-- Tab Display --
[ ] Switch to new tabs opened from links (make it unchecked)

I would vote to make this the default if other users and developers agree on it. I would also vote for the following defaults changes:

-- Open tabs instead of windows for --
[x] Midle-click, Ctrl+click or Ctrl+Enter on links in a Web page
[x] Ctrl+Enter in the Location bar

I think binding Ctrl+Mouse-wheel (Advanced / Mouse Wheel: Ctrl) to "Zoom the page in or out" by default would be nice, too.

--
Stanimir