Sun, 11 Jul 2010 18:19:46 +0800, /Barry Edwin Gilmour/:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

Edit -> Preferences: Browser / Tabbed Browsing:

-- Tab Display --
[ ] Switch to new tabs opened from links (make it unchecked)

I would vote to make this the default if other users and developers agree on it.

You've got my vote for tabs opened in background.

I would also vote for the following defaults changes:

-- Open tabs instead of windows for --
[x] Midle-click, Ctrl+click or Ctrl+Enter on links in a Web page
[x] Ctrl+Enter in the Location bar

I think binding Ctrl+Mouse-wheel (Advanced / Mouse Wheel: Ctrl) to "Zoom the page in or out" by default would be nice, too.

Would be nice, but the present-settings for menu-driven zoom-scaling, and shrink to fit window, may make things a bit complex?

I'm not sure what complexity you're referring to. The menu/keyboard zoom-scaling will continue to function as now. The Ctrl+Mouse-wheel will be just another method to trigger it. This is what other main stream browsers (e.g. Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer) have by default, and users switching from such a browser, or just giving SeaMonkey a try may get confused as to why it doesn't function in it, being unable to find the appropriate preference to set - having the power to customize so much preferences have drawbacks too, you know. That's why having this widely adopted method for page zoom by default in SeaMonkey makes perfect sense for better SeaMonkey acceptance, in my opinion.

--
Stanimir