Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:33:01 -0400, /Zanqeutil/:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/46108/

There's nothing wrong with the new Default Seamonkey 2.xx theme, it
looks nice and fresh, but the classic theme (icons) has more contrast
for me, especially the folders in the in the emailpane.

I generally like the toolbar icons but yes, most of the small 16x16 icons used elsewhere have very poor contrast, and I've seen this complaint quite a few times. I wonder whether the SeaMonkey council could ask the Mozilla Foundation for help about bringing a contest (or whatever) for yet newer and better designed SeaMonkey icons. SeaMonkey could "fall-back" and use the Tango icon library [1] as Thunderbird appears to use pretty much.

I have another complaint I have solved for myself by copying and customizing the default theme - the toolbar icons are too large: 32x32 pixels, while desktops generally use 24x24 pixels for large toolbar icons (including the old SeaMonkey 1.* default classic theme). The large size combined with the text labels below them take enourmous amount of space. So my custom theme reduced the size of the large icons to 24x24, I've set all toolbars to "Show text besides icons" and with few "userChrome.css" customizations made only "selective" text labels visible, so they don't take too much space horizontally. I may eventually publish my theme changes if I get to package everything right.

[1] http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library

--
Stanimir