ldj1...@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> I did call my ISP and got T'ed off. They said they don't support
> Seamonkey. When I did some questioning she said they weren't trained
> for seamonkey and could give me over to someone who could and ask if
> I wanted that. Is said of course. When I got there it was a charge
> for the support. Then I got T'ed again and ask for a supervisor. He
> said there is a charge for this support. I said, I was told 5 years
> ago support is free.

Call them back and if they ask again, tell them you're using Outlook
Express. That (and possibly Outlook or Thunderbird) is all their scripts
tell them. When they ask questions, feign OE. It's not that "you can't
get mail with SeaMonkey", it's that "their scripts don't mention
anything else."

(Aside: which is all ridiculous because the server settings for any
given ISP are always the same.)

> OH I don't know I guess they hire folks that don't know nothing then
> when they can't support you they send you to the ones how can but
> charge.

If the accent is an American dialect, you are reaching a minimum-wage
person with no real skills. If the accent is, um, Indian, you are
reaching a person with moderate skills who is actually in Bangladore,
but who must still follow the script.

> Back to your question I suppose all settings are correct, who or why
> would they have changed since yesterday. Apparently ATT tech support
> don't know. I guess I'm left hanging out.

Can you get to your mail via sbcglobal's webmail interface?  (I'm sure
they have one.)

Oh, and check your firewall to make sure you haven't blocked yourself.

--
   -bts