Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
ldj1...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
I click on the email and the little progression on bottom of right
starts as normal but goes and goes. I click get mail and get
message saying something like busy processing mail please wait.
Then in a while it gets message saying timed out. It may say
connection failed timed out. It started getting a little slower a
few days ago but just quit this morning. I have changed nothing.

I'd suggest you first check your mail settings under Accounts. If
they all look to be proper, call your ISP's support group.

I am surprised I can send and receive messages on this NG

News is a completely different process and protocol.

until ie comes to "send unsent messages" then BOTH are treated
the same,

What does IE have to do with SeaMonkey?

That was an un-reviewed typo!

but since the newsgroups have not been opened, unsent news postings
generate a (correct) error message. Should "unsent" news be
differentiated from unsend email?

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. But yes, news and
email is completely different.

"Send Unsent" in SM does not differentiate - I propose it should.