On 07/23/2010 07:32 PM, ldj1...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Yes, I can log into the account in the like you sent
>
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 07/23/2010 06:57 PM, ldj1...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>>> This may be a little too much for me. I'll try again.
>>>
>>> Add an outgoing server? I read where I thought you were not to set a 2nd
>>> SMTP server.
>>>
>>> Log in account 1st---the account I just created that says password wrong?
>>>
>>> I deleted the account and tried again and password still won't take.
>>> Still don't see a place asking for password before I actually try to use
>>> the new account.
>>
>> Step 1:

>> Answer that question first.

OK. Create a new email account if you've not already done that using the
new email address. Edit|Mail & News...|Add Account| and set it up just
as you did your first account only using the new email address. If you
need help with this let me know. Example:

Server settings should be:
pop.att.yahoo.com
995
ldjema...@sbcglobal.net (be sure to use the *exact* email  address)
SSL/TLS
Use secure authentication - *unchecked*

After that is complete, scroll down to Outgoing server and click the
'Add' button on the right. Now set that up exactly like your other SMTP
server account with the exception of using the new email address. Name
it (Description) with an identifier so you'll know it is different than
your primary. Example:

ldjemail2
smtp.att.yahoo.com
465
ldjema...@sbcglobal.net
No
SSL/TLS

Now go back to the email account settings ldjemail2 and under 'Outgoing
Server (SMTP) click the dropdown button and select 'ldjemail2'. Click OK.

If you've set/saved any email passwords for ldjemail2, go to the
password manager and delete them & close & restart SeaMonkey. Note:
delete only ldjemail2 passwords not your ldj1...@sbcglobal.net password(s).

Bring up the email pane and click on ldjemail2. Test by sending yourself
a test message to the same ldjemail2 account. When prompted for
passwords, enter the one that you used when you checked the account with
the web site. Don't save the password the first time around. If it
works, restart SeaMonkey, repeat and then save the password if you wish.