d...@kd4e.com wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Ed Mullen schrieb:
Perhaps because I don't want YOU to change MY system?

Perhaps I just want YOU to be safe on the Internet?

well, I certainly appreciate your concern for my well being. Although,
I'm happy (and prefer) to take personal responsibility for my own
security.

Anyhow, there's a hidden pref somewhere to make us prompt and destroy
your security, but go find it yourself, I won't waste my time on looking
it up.

I didn't say I wouldn't update. I'm simply objecting to the practice of
sw modifying itself without warning.

> I am puzzled.  In the Linux version of Seamonkey there
> has always been a place to toggle whether one wants to
> be asked prior to updates or to allow them to be done
> automatically - in fact I recall an option to check
> for them or not.
>
> Have those options been removed?
>
> Or do some updates bypass them?

doc, I also am on linux and I think you will find that these security updates happen automatically!! One day you start up SM and it tells you it's checking things and the next thing you notice you are using the new version of SM!

What version do you think you are using, doc??

Daniel