Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:32:34 +0200, /Ray_Net/:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

The problem with the non-standard compliant behavior of IE in this case
is the URI may contain \ (back-slash) as non-hierarchical separator,
therefore IE will incorrectly transform it to a forward slash and result
in a non-existent URI. So SeaMonkey's behavior is just fine - not being
"clever" about incorrect URIs containing back-slashes instead of forward
slashes for hierarchical path separators.

So you said that SM is not clever enough to transform it to a forward
slash ?

No, I said: "SM is not 'clever' about", which was meant as "SM is not stupid to". Sorry for not being clear enough.

You are wrong because when i propose to SM the following:
file:///C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/IMAGES\pose-yoga.jpg
he shows me the picture and modify his URL-adress-zone as follow:
file:///C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/IMAGES/pose-yoga.jpg

Why SM is clever with file adress and not with webserver adress ?

I think David E. Ross has given you a very probable explanation in another reply:

If you want to find out for real, you could ask the Mozilla devs in a more technical group.

--
Stanimir