JD wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/21/10 6:03 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
How does one get the latest Flash Player for Seamonkey?  They've changed
their *&#$ing site so that it wants to install an "Add On" to Seamonkey,
which won't install because it's not FireFox.

I changed the setting to bypass Compatibility checking so it installs...
but it won't RUN because it says you're not running Firefox!!

They USED to have a web link where you could get the Windows Installer
file directly, but that link has disappeared.  How the *&^# are we
supposed to get the latest fixes if those JACKASSES take away the
SIMPLEST way of installing... you know... the way that actually WORKED???

I'm seeing a great amoung of blather in this thread that is quite
contrary to my experience.

First of all, when I go to<http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/>, the
installation file downloads to whatever folder I specify.  It does not
install until I execute that file.

Not the way it works on Windows XP home edition. I was able to locate the install file and install it that way.

I actually did download Flash 10.1 (actually 10.1.82.76) from that URI
using SeaMonkey 2.0.6 exactly a week ago.  I then installed it for
SeaMonkey without any problems.  Finally, I archived the installation
file, which I do for ALL software and updates that I download and install.

Note that the installation itself does not involve SeaMonkey.  It only
involves executing the installation file.  I generally terminate all
other applications while installing new or updated software.  I
definitely would not use SeaMonkey's Add-ons Manager since Flash is not
an add-on.

Today, I again downloaded the installation file from the same URI.  This
time, I generated both MD5 and SHA1 comparisons between the newly
downloaded file and last week's archived file.  The two files are
identical.  This means you too should be able to download the file via
SeaMonkey and install it.

Yes, Flash MIGHT set its own cookies.  However, you can go to
<http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html>
and set Flash not to set cookies.

I didn't see a place to set Flash to not set cookies. Saw a place to delete them.

Think you have to set the slider to allow 0 storage place.