On 8/22/10 2:42 PM, Paul wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 8/21/10 6:03 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
>>> How does one get the latest Flash Player for Seamonkey?  They've changed
>>> their *&#$ing site so that it wants to install an "Add On" to Seamonkey,
>>> which won't install because it's not FireFox.
>>>
>>> I changed the setting to bypass Compatibility checking so it installs...
>>> but it won't RUN because it says you're not running Firefox!!
>>>
>>> They USED to have a web link where you could get the Windows Installer
>>> file directly, but that link has disappeared.  How the *&^# are we
>>> supposed to get the latest fixes if those JACKASSES take away the
>>> SIMPLEST way of installing... you know... the way that actually WORKED???
>>>

>> I'm seeing a great amoung of blather in this thread that is quite
>> contrary to my experience.
>>
>> First of all, when I go to <http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/>, the
>> installation file downloads to whatever folder I specify.  It does not
>> install until I execute that file.
>>
>> I actually did download Flash 10.1 (actually 10.1.82.76) from that URI
>> using SeaMonkey 2.0.6 exactly a week ago.  I then installed it for
>> SeaMonkey without any problems.  Finally, I archived the installation
>> file, which I do for ALL software and updates that I download and install.
>>
>> Note that the installation itself does not involve SeaMonkey.  It only
>> involves executing the installation file.  I generally terminate all
>> other applications while installing new or updated software.  I
>> definitely would not use SeaMonkey's Add-ons Manager since Flash is not
>> an add-on.
>>
>> Today, I again downloaded the installation file from the same URI.  This
>> time, I generated both MD5 and SHA1 comparisons between the newly
>> downloaded file and last week's archived file.  The two files are
>> identical.  This means you too should be able to download the file via
>> SeaMonkey and install it.
>>
>> Yes, Flash MIGHT set its own cookies.  However, you can go to
>> <http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html>
>> and set Flash not to set cookies.
>
> It won't download from Adobe to SM 1117. It does nothing.
> I already have 10.1 that I got from another web source
> so was just trying once more to see if things have changed.

I'm not sure, but Flash 10.1 might not be compatible with SeaMonkey
1.1.17.

Go to your SeaMonkey menu bar and select [Edit > Preferences >
Browser > Downloads].  Please describe the settings for each checkbox
and radio button.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages posted through
GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent because of the
amount of spam from that source.