Daniel wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Just upgraded from v. 1.1.16 to 2.0.6, and it seemed to go smoothly --
most everything was seamlessly imported, even down to my global Windows
shortcut that launches the program.

After poking around the program and reading the release notes, I have
two questions:

1) Is it safe to uninstall v. 1.1.16 through the uninstall link at Set
Program Access and Defaults?

2) How can I show my sigs at the bottom of the composition window?

Thanks.

1) Yes it is, but it's my understanding that when you install SM 2, it
makes a copy of your SM 1.x profile, so when you un-install SM 1.x, you
may want to delete (or at least archive), one of the profile copies.

2) Create yourself a sig file and save it somewhere then, in SM have a
look at Edit-> Mail&News group account settings, and, on the Account
Settings page for the server, select "Attach the signature from a file
instead", and point to the file that you just saved.

HTH

OK, today I went ahead and removed v. 1.1.16 via Windows Set Program Access and Defaults. V. 2 seems to still work, but now Windows doesn't recognize it as an email program or browser -- if I go into Control Panel | Internet Properties, it's not available as a program that can be made the default. Similarly, if I go into SM's Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups, the option "Make SeaMonkey the default application for..." has Mail (grayed out), News (available), and Feeds (grayed out). Clicking News grays it out with no further feedback, so I suppose that means it's now the default for news? But Windows already knew that.

How can I restore Windows' belief that SeaMonkey is an email program?

Paul B. Gallagher