Robert Kaiser wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher schrieb:
Do you mean I should install SM 2 over SM 2, or uninstall that as well
and then reinstall?

Both should work, I think.

OK, I took the easy way, and it worked. Control Panel now lists SeaMonkey as an option for default email program.

Still no listing for Composer as HTML editor, but I can live with that.

Two other minor glitches:

1) SM now always prompts me on launch to accept it as the default for browsing, email, and news, even though it already is the default for all three. I'm tempted to check the box to tell it to quit nagging, but I know the next time I update Office it'll steal my settings, so I do want SM to check. I just don't want it nagging me when all is well.

2) The new installation created a second icon on my desktop even though there was already one for the same version of the same program. I deleted it.

Paul B. Gallagher