On 9/8/10 5:16 PM, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you are seeing a crash (probably when profile manager should come up)
> after getting an update to 2.0.7, please try to go into the SeaMonkey
> application/install folder, find a subfolder named "components" and
> remove the "compreg.dat" file inside it.
>
> If that works, please tell us here so we can produce and deploy a 2.0.8
> as fast as possible to fix this for everyone!
>
> Thanks and sorry for any problems,
>
> Robert Kaiser

I had 8 files named compreg.dat, one of which was in a folder named
components.

I saw the crash only if I launched the Profile Manager when SeaMonkey
was not already operating.  With compreg.dat deleted from components, I
don't see that crash anymore.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

I am again filtering and ignoring all newsgroup messages posted
through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent because of the
amount of spam from that source.