JOLAN1 schrieb:
On Sep 8, 6:16 pm, Robert Kaiser<ka...@kairo.at>  wrote:
Hi,

If you are seeing a crash (probably when profile manager should come up)
after getting an update to 2.0.7, please try to go into the SeaMonkey
application/install folder, find a subfolder named "components" and
remove the "compreg.dat" file inside it.

OK!  That works....BUT...I wouldn't have been able to read your 'fix'
if I hadn't had the forsight to leave SeaMonkey 1.1.18 still installed
( 2.06 installed on another partition)!  So, I don't think many with
this problem  will read your suggestion.

That's why we stopped delivering updates to 2.0.6 users when we noticed this problem. We unfortunately can't do much other then informing those who already have the 2.0.7 update, as the application would need to successfully start up so we can deliver another update that cares about cleaning compreg.dat. We need to reach those people to either go in and clean that file theirselves or clean the whole SeaMonkey folder and reinstall 2.0.7 (as then it works fine).

Knowing that deleting this file helps is good so we can roll out a 2.0.8 version (just to avoid confusion) that actually is the same as 2.0.7 but deletes this files on update or install if it does exist.

While I'm at it, I continue to have password problems, not with the
master password but when it comes to filling in username&  password
for my various accounts... 2.xx does not fill in the blanks like the
1.xx series did.  Consequently, my secretaries are always
'guessing'.   Total waste of time.  Can't that be fixed ???

Please ask the support group for that, there are several possible causes. For one thing, try to double-click the user fields and see if user names are suggested in a dropdown then.

Thanks for the report,

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community needs answers to. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)