I recently visited an online site that accepts political contributions for a variety of candidates. I entered my credit card info to make a contribution, printed my receipt, and left. The next time I visited, SeaMonkey had all the credit card info stored and ready to go, which was really scary. I poked around and couldn't find any way to prohibit it from storing info entered in this field or at this site, so I ended up with the heavy-handed solution of purging ALL saved data, which will be a safe inconvenience.

I've now disabled this dangerous feature (after ten minutes of searching for the checkbox in the prefs -- it was just as hard to find as last time), because

a) It never warned me that it was saving credit card info;

b) There seems to be no way to prevent it from saving credit card info -- it sees all form data as equally eligible.

c) There seems to be no way to inspect or edit saved data, so I can't even be sure SeaMonkey really did purge the data.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a major security hole that should be fixed as soon as possible.

Paul B. Gallagher