Jama Bennett Reed wrote:
Ps:  this problem started after I defregged C & E (the drive the user
profiles are on)

jama

Jama Bennett Reed wrote:
I am getting this message with SM 2.08 "SeaMonkey is already running,
but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the
existing SeaMonkey process, or restart your system."

SM is not running on task manager/processes. I can run SM 1.1.17 fine.
I have reinstalled, rebooted x10 with no results.

Looked for parent.lock file - not there.

My user profiles are on another drive to save space on C and to
protect them in case of a crash but I have done this for 10 years with
every version of SM and Netscape.

Just joined here and searched archives for this problem with no results.

Help please!

Jama

Maybe something here will help:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_in_use