Whenever I try to send someone a .pdf file as an attachment, the coding for the attachment shows up as many lines of garbage in the body of the message. If I send a copy back to myself, the file is visible in the attachments box in the message window, (as well as the lines of code in the message body) but apparently people using other email clients are unable to find or view the file. All they see is the lines of code.

If I send a .jpg file as an attachment, it works fine and doesn't have this problem. I've looked for an incorrect configuration setting, but haven't been able to find it. BTW, this is SeaMonkey v1.1.19. I'm not quite ready to go to v2.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.