Rick Merrill wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Beverly Howard wrote:

>> multiple Seamonkey instances <<

This is a known SM bug that cannot be reliably duplicated and has been
an issue for years.

FWIW, it's not "known" to me -- if SM is running, I /cannot/ launch a
second instance -- the system simply won't do it. Sure, I can open more
than one browser window or tab, but that's not what you're talking
about.

I concur with you, Paul, that the OP is talking about his girlfriend
clicking to have several/many Browser windows open, rather than having
multiple tabs open in one Browser.

Where as, as I read Beverly's response, he is thinking the OP is getting
a hidden instance of SM in the Task list.

Daniel

Guys,
Running SM 2.0.8 here and thought I had seen the end of this problem , BUT
it has returned: under some-circumstances (e.g. just ran CCLeaner) I will
not get SM GUI BUT I taskmgr shows  seamonkey.exe !  I can then launch
ANOTHER seamonkey.exe.  Only solution I've found is to kill the processes
AND reboot from power-off condition -- and even then I have to wait quite
a while before SM launches its GUI.

I suspect there is some resource used by SM that is also used by Adobe AIR
or some other memory resident process.
- RM

That's interesting since I also ran the latest version of CCleaner a few day's ago and if Task Manager certainly shows "n" instances of SM running.
Dick