I am running SM 1.1.19 and the latest version of Java, v22 on an XP machine sp3.

For the last three days I keep getting 2 error messages when trying to either access a particular web page that utilizes Java or try to run the Java test at java.com. This is an example of a web page that generates the error messages- http://www.bigskyresort.com/Photos-Videos/Webcam.asp

The first error message states "the plug in performed an illegal operation, restart browser.......". Clicking OK then generates another error message, "the new Java plug in requires a more recent version of Firefox (version 3 or higher). The site loads at this point but the Java app does not activate.

This site works from IE so it does not appear to be an issue with SM. I have un-installed and reinstalled both SM and Java and done an extensive cleaning of the registry as well as deleted Java folders with data in them after the uninstall.

The only thing all this accomplished was to now cause the first error message to pop up when I start SM. Everything else seems fine but this Java thing is driving me nuts. I do not want to update SM to v2.x due to the incompatibility with Roboform which I use extensively.

Any ideas?