David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/18/10 10:46 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

I've sometimes had that experience with tudou.com -- I think they have
some js thingie that doesn't work right out of the box.

But if you were able to get it started, that's useful info -- I can't.
Can you tell me more about your configuration?

Is this a pirated video?  There was a blurred box in the upper-left
corner as if some logo was being hidden.

I think so, but I don't know the precise rules of that game -- it's from
KBS, posted by fans of the show so other fans can see episodes they
missed. If I wait around until Monday, I can tape it off the air anyway,
so no biggie.

My configuration:

Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (Service Pack 3)

800x600 screen

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.15)
Gecko/20101027 SeaMonkey/2.0.10

Cookies for the originating Web site only

Flash 10.1.102.64 (10.1 r102) (but usually blocked with FlashBlock; in
this case, I selected the FlashBlock icon to display the Flash presentation)

Extensions (enabled: 8)
* Adblock Plus 1.2.2 (http://adblockplus.org/)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.8 (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/)
* Find Preferences 1.0
* Flashblock 1.3.17 (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/)
* Live HTTP headers 0.16
* PrefBar 5.1.1 (http://prefbar.mozdev.org/)
* Preserve Download Modification Timestamp 2010.09.12.18
* Show Password On Input 0.1.3
(https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/6143/)
* ShowIP 0.8.19 (http://code.google.com/p/firefox-showip/)

Thanks.

I poked around the tudou website, and I don't seem to be able to play any of their vids anymore. I checked my firewall log, nothing relevant there, and also looked at my AdBlock rules, and "tudou" is not mentioned there. I'm rejecting their cookies, but temporarily accepting them didn't help. SeaMonkey is set to clear all cookies on shutdown (accept only session cookies), so nothing persists from session to session.

I'm using SM 2.0.10 on WinXP Pro SP3, with the following extensions:

Adblock Plus 1.3.1
Chatzilla 0.9.86
DOM Inspector 2.0.8
JavaScript Debugger 0.9.88.1

I also have (among others) the following relevant plugins:

Shockwave Flash
    File name: NPSWF32.dll
    Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102

Shockwave for Director
    File name: np32dsw.dll
    Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5

Anyone have any ideas?

Paul B. Gallagher