On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:02:23 -0500, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> I have two tabs set up, A and B where each tab points to a different
> URL. When I click the "Home" icon, the "B" tab is repeated so my tabs
> are now A, B, B. Each time I click the "Home" icon, another "B" is
> added. I have set up all of the preferences for Tabbed Browsing" the
> same as I have in SM 2.010 but I can't fix it.
>
> In 2.010, if I click on "Home", all tabs are closed and then the Group
> Tabs associated with the Home button are loaded. It doesn't work that
> way for me in 2.1.

I did that! Or rather it is a side effect of my making the navigation
buttons middle-clickable. For example middle-clicking the reload button
will duplicate the current tab in either a new tab or a new window
(complete with back/forward history).

Middle-clicking or control-clicking the Home button now respects the
tabbed browsing preferences and will open new tabs either in the current
window or in a new window (The old home button code looked at the
bookmark group opening preferences instead). The sticking point was that
if you just left-click the home button and override the current tabs.
The old code allowed you to press the back button and it would apply to
all the overwritten tabs, so there was no data-loss problems there. In
the current code pressing the back button only moved the current tab
back, all the other overwritten home tabs would have to be gone over and
back-button'ed manually. So all things considered I decided that if you
had a large number of home pages, appending tabs if you accidentally
pressed the home button would be slightly less annoying.

> Any ideas on what to do?

Yeah. File a bug.

Phil