Jamey Fletcher <ja...@beau.org>  wrote :

> Jane_Galt wrote:
>
>> I was looking at the stats for my small business website and only
>> about 2.5% of visits come from people using SM.
>
> I don't know about you, but I can't afford to turn away 2.5% of my
> potential customers.  Things are just too tight these days.

I just pointed that out to a sign design site where it wouldnt let me
upload a graphic because I was using SM and the guy emailed me back and
said the site only works with Internet Explorer. I told him he was losing
income because of that.

>  Especially
> as it's not so much a matter of having to code a special version just
> for Seamonkey, as *NOT* using the functions that have to be adjusted to
> be "just so" for different browsers.  Website designers need to get over
> the desire to control each and every damn pixel on the screen - they
> don't know what window size will eventually be viewing the page, what
> theme will be decorating that window, nor on what size monitor that
> window will be being displayed.  If they want pixel-perfect control of
> what the user sees - they should ship a bleepin' bitmap graphic with a
> map to implement linking.

It seems like a lot of this has to do with CSS and rendering engines?

So they just make it conform to Internet Explorer and figure they're ok?

"Can't please all the people all the time"?

--
- Jane Galt

"Remember that there is no such dichotomy as 'human rights' versus
'property rights.' No human rights can exist without property rights. Since
material goods are produced by the mind and effort of individual men, and
are needed to sustain their lives, if the producer does not own the result
of his effort, he does not own his life. To deny property rights means to
turn men into property owned by the state. Whoever claims the 'right' to
'redistribute' the wealth produced by others is claiming the 'right' to
treat human beings as chattel." -- Ayn Rand