Le 15 décembre 2010, Bret Busby a écrit :

No, I do not try dealing with .tar and .tar.zip or whatever files anymore, for installing software. I have previously stated that my experience of what has been involved, is horrenous - it is like something out of a kafkaesque nightmare.

Archives are only containers. That experience you have depends on the contents: sources or binaries.

The cited webpage explicitly mentions Lenny as having the required dependencies.

It is as pleasant as repeatedly bashing your head against a brick wall, until the skull fractures, which, I understand, some people do, but, it is not for me.

I'm not suggesting that you try and make it work if it doesn't "out of the box". I'm suggesting that you try and see if it does. (And drop it if it doesn't.)

BTW, I repeat:
Debian stability is at the cost of old software versions.
Love it or leave it.

--
LL