Le 21 décembre 2010, Bret Busby a écrit :

If the "getting it out of the box" was to be so that people could easily "get it out of the box", and make it work "out of the box"' then it would be installable and upgradeable, using package installation.

It is. You just dislike to use some Debian repo.

I asked for the software to be provided as a packge, that could be installed and upgraded using system package management, for ease of installation and upgrading, and I have been "told to "get stuffed" ".

No, you've been told it's possible. You just dislike the answer.

There is no point in this thread continuing in the "to-ing and fro-ing".

You knew from the start that Mozilla doesn't provide SM in .deb. So why ask for help if that's the only thing able to satisfy you? (Santa Claus doesn't exist, don't you know?) Indeed, there's no point in helping someone who won't be helped.

Still, I wish you a merry christmas.
Cheers,
--
LL